Promoting your art online can seem like a daunting task in today's crowded digital landscape. However, with the right strategy and tactics coupled with a bit of effort, you can reach a wider audience, grow your fans and sell more artwork.
Here are five high impact recommendations for promoting your art online:
- Build an online portfolio: This is a must for any artist looking to build the business side of her/his art. Not only does an online portfolio give you a central location for people to view your art, it also helps establish credibility and professionalism. In general, the most cost effective and convenient way to go about building an online portfolio, is to join an online gallery such as Ateliers Müz. By doing so, you can reach a wider audience and connect with potential buyers without having to hire expensive technical experts or spending substantial time and effort away from your art in order to set up your own website.
- Some online galleries like Ateliers Müz offer useful features such as “Zoom in” allowing you to show off the fine details of your artwork, e-commerce tools for selling online as well as valuable promotional campaigns. It is important to take the time to research and find an online gallery that aligns with your art and target audience.
- Get attention on social media: Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are great ways to reach a large audience, showcase your art and bring visitors to your online collection. These platforms also enable you to engage with your fans and ultimately sell more artwork, by responding to comments, hosting live events and sharing content such as the process of creating your art.
- In addition to engaging with your audience on social media, use the relevant hashtags to make it easier for people to discover your work. Also, consider paid advertising to reach a larger audience and target specific demographics.
- Keep in touch with your audience through newsletters: Sending information about your creations, upcoming exhibitions, achievements and special promotions by email, can be very powerful in promoting your art.
- Start by building a list of subscribers, keep it up to date and endeavour to grow it over time.
- Promote and manage your online presence: To make most of your presence on an online gallery, on social media and on any other online channels you might have for your art, it's crucial to actively encourage people to visit it. This can be done through cross promotion, newsletters and other marketing tools you have at your disposal.
- It is important to ensure that your online channels are updated regularly with synchronized information and a consistent posting schedule.
- Conduct online workshops and demonstrations: You can increase the visibility of your artistic talent and generate predictable income at the same time, by offering live or prerecorded creative activities.
Promoting your art online takes time and effort, but the potential rewards are significant. Following the strategies and tactics highlighted above can help you reach a wider audience, grow your following and ultimately, sell more art.